SWEEPSTAKES GENERAL RULES COVER SHEET
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES
This Sweepstakes is governed by this cover sheet (“Cover Sheet”) and the general sweepstakes rules (“General Sweepstakes Rules”) attached hereto and incorporated by reference herein (collectively, the “Rules”).
Sponsor: AEG Presemts LLC, 425 W. 11th Street, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Name of Promotion: George Strait Write This Down Sweepstakes
Sweepstakes Start Date/Time: 12:01 AM ET, based on Sponsor’s clock, March 16, 2017
Sweepstakes End Date/Time: 11:59 PM ET, based on Sponsor’s clock, March 30, 2017
(Sweepstakes Start Date and End Date is, together, the “Entry Period.”). The Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Entry Period at any time without further notice.
How to enter:
During the Entry Period, visit http://www.straittovegasapp.com/ (the “URL”) and follow the instructions. An eligible entrant must provide his or her email address and ZIP code in order to be entered. Where a dispute arises about who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account used to submit the entry. The Sponsor may require the entrant to provide proof that the entrant is in fact the authorized holder of the email account associated with the Entry. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Each entrant, by participating in the Sweepstakes, hereby agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor regarding the administration of the Sweepstakes. A winner is considered a Potential Winner pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules.
Total Number of Prizes: One (1)
Total Number of Potential Winners: One (1)
The Prize consists of: One (1) Write This Down VIP package for George Strait in Las Vegas, for the Winner including a pair of premium reserved tickets for the Winner and a guest to attend one of George Strait’s 2017 Las Vegas concert performances, one (1) limited edition hardcover George Strait coffee table book featuring rare and previously unreleased photographs from George's career, one (1) VIP gift bag, including a “Strait to Vegas” t-shirt and baseball cap, an invitation to The King’s Saloon, admission to the enhanced King’s Exhibit, and a commemorative VIP laminate. All costs and expenses not specifically part of the Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. AIRFARE, HOTEL AND GROUND TRANSPORTATION ARE NOT PROVIDED. The specifics of all elements of the Prizes shall be solely determined by the Sponsor or its designee. All taxes, upgrades and any other expenses not specifically identified in this Cover Sheet as included in a Prize are the responsibility of each winner.
Approximate Retail Value of The Prize: Approximate retail value of the Prize is Two Thousand U.S. Dollars (USD $2,000). Any valuation of the prizes stated above is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Selection of Potential Prize Winner: A Selected Entrant for each Prize will be randomly drawn on or about March 31, 2017 (the “Drawing Date”) at the offices of the Sponsor from all entries received as of the end of the Entry Period. Selected Entrant will be informed via twitter or email on or about seventy two hours after the Drawing Date.
For Official Rules: To receive a copy of the Rules, within ninety days of the Sweepstakes End Date, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: AEG Presents LLC / 425 W. 11th Street, Suite 400 / Los Angeles, CA 90015 / Attn: Rules: George Strait Write This Down Sweepstakes
Requests for Rules must be post marked no later than 90 days from the last day of the Entry Period. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.
For Winners List: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: AEG Presents LLC / 425 W. 11th Street, Suite 400 / Los Angeles, CA 90015 / Attn: Winners List: George Strait Write This Down Sweepstakes
Requests for Winners List must be post marked no later than 90 days from the last day of the Entry Period. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.
GENERAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
1. SPONSOR/ENTRY PERIOD: This Sweepstakes is governed by these General Sweepstakes Rules and the Cover Sheet attached hereto and incorporated by reference herein (collectively, the “Rules”). The Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by the Sponsor listed on the Cover Sheet. The Sweepstakes Start Date and Sweepstakes End Date is as stated in the Cover Sheet (such period, the “Entry Period”). All times are based solely on Sponsor’s clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence (18 in most states, 19 in Alabama and Nebraska and 21 in Mississippi) and are legal residents of one of the 48 contiguous United States including the District of Columbia (excluding Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) (the “Eligibility Area”). Employees, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households (whether related or not)) of Sponsor, its employees, representatives, and any of its divisions, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and any affiliated entities, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win any prize. Federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Online entries only. To enter, visit the URL provided on the Cover Sheet (the “Sweepstakes Site”) at any time during the Entry Period. To be eligible to participate, each entrant may be asked to click to or submit an official entry form, which may include, among other things, his/her name, address, e-mail address, age and related registration information as prompted (the “Official Entry Form”) and/or may be requested to perform some other action via the Sweepstakes Site. All of the Sweepstakes information will be posted at the Sweepstakes Site throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Where a dispute arises about who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the relevant account, and the Sponsor may require the entrant to provide proof that the entrant is the authorized holder of the relevant account. Use of automated entry devices or programs are prohibited. Entries must be received by the Sweepstakes End Date specified on the Cover Sheet. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. No entries will be acknowledged or returned.
4. PROMOTION FORMAT: Sweepstakes Sponsor may require that Entrant have a valid email address in order to enter the Sweepstakes or take action as part of the requirements of the Sweepstakes entry. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. If an entrant accesses the Sweepstakes on entrant’s mobile device, the entrant’s wireless service provider may charge entrant for applicable message and data charges. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans prior to participating via a mobile device.
5. PRIZE DRAWING: A winner is considered a potential Prize winner pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules. The potential Prize winners (each a “Selected Entrant” and collectively, the “Selected Entrants”) will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be held on or about the Drawing Date(s) as specified in the Cover Sheet. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor whose decision is final and binding on all aspects of this Sweepstakes. The Selected Entrants will be notified within one week of the Drawing Date specified in the Cover Sheet, by e-mail, and/or telephone unless otherwise stated in the Cover Sheet. Failure of any Selected Entrant to respond within a reasonable time frame (but not longer than 72 hours) from such notification referred to above may result in disqualification and the selection of another entrant from among all eligible entries received. Selected Entrants may be required to sign and return within three (3) business days of receipt and Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification (for both Selected Entrants and companion), and a Publicity Release (for both Selected Entrants and companion where authorized by law). After the Selected Entrants are selected by the Sponsor, if required by Sponsor, the required documentation for the Prize will be sent to the selected Selected Entrants and only after the applicable Selected Entrant has met the eligibility requirements outlined in these Official Rules, and all of the required documents have been signed and retuned to Sponsor, will the applicable Prize be awarded.
By entering the drawing, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Sponsor. In the event of non-compliance for any reason, including the inability to accept the Prize for any reason, an alternate entrant may be selected.
6. PRIZES: The Prizes and the approximate retail value thereof are as stated on the Cover Sheet. Additional restrictions may apply. Unless otherwise stated in the Cover Sheet, travel is not included. Any and all expenses not expressly listed in the Cover Sheet are the responsibility of the winner of the applicable Prize (each, a “Prize Winner”).
Selection of vendors and seat location for prizes are solely within the Sponsor’s discretion. Where applicable, tickets may be subject to age restrictions. Prize Winner of tickets must be available on one of the 2017 concert dates selected. If the winner is not available on the specified date, winner will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right to choose an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable and sale or attempts to sell any Prize or any portion thereof is expressly prohibited and cause for revocation of the applicable Prize and disqualification of the Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any concert(s) or Prize element and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to not award the prize(s) associated with any such canceled concert(s), without any payment or obligation to the Prize Winner(s) or Selected Entrant(s) or any companion. Sponsor is not responsible if the winner and/or any guest of a winner is denied access or participation to any concert or Prize element for which access may be limited or restricted to certain age or background requirements. Meals, gratuities, or travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of Prize Winners. Prize Winner and guest must have all necessary identification. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value or may substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. If a winner cannot be contacted within 72 hours of Sponsor notifying the Selected Entrant they have won or if Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. If actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, or the winner and/or if applicable, his/her guest forfeit, do not use, or are determined ineligible for any portion of the prize, the winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value, and such difference will be forfeited. A minor may not participate as a guest of a Prize Winner unless the Prize Winner is the minor’s parent or guardian. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
7. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS, AND LICENSE: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sweepstakes Sponsor (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes), and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sweepstakes Sponsor are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Sweepstakes Sponsor and/or its promotional partner(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, or misdirected entries or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Sweepstakes. Although Sweepstakes Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or using the Sweepstakes Site. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify, amend or alter these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select a Selected Entrant from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. Proof of submitting entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by the Sweepstakes Sponsor. In the event that there are typographical errors that obscure the original intent of the Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes appropriately.
All taxes (including without limitation Federal, state and local taxes) in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner(s). Prize Winner(s) may be sent a tax form 1099 in the event the average retail value requires Sweepstakes Sponsor to submit such form. In order to claim the Prize, the Selected Entrant may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and in compliance with these Official Rules, liability release, publicity release (unless prohibited by law), address verification and other registrations and participation information requested by the Sweepstakes Sponsor (unless prohibited by law), at the discretion of Sweepstakes Sponsor. Additional information will be mailed to Selected Entrant using the address provided in the entry form. The return of forms or prizes as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner, at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Sponsor. In no event is Sweepstakes Sponsor required to contact Selected Entrant more than once.
By entering this Sweepstakes and unless prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant hereby consents to use of his/her respective name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation and the Selected Entrants and guest may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent, unless restricted by law. Moreover, by entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant agrees to grant to the Sweepstakes Sponsor, and its licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web and the social media sites that exist thereon, at any time or times, the Prize Winner’s name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated), and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by the Sweepstakes Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release and hold the Sweepstakes Sponsor, its affiliate entities, partners, Shawn Mendes, his record label, furnishing companies (and their directors and officers), and manager (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity (including without limitation the removal from the site of, or discontinuation of access to, any materials), or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event will the Released Parties be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, arising out of any access to and/or use of the Sweepstakes Site, the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from the Sweepstakes Site, the removal from the Sweepstakes Site of, or discontinuation of access to, any materials, or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of, or any harm resulting from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or participation in, any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the foregoing, the Sweepstakes, all Prizes, and all materials provided on or through the Sweepstakes Site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
11. GOVERNING LAW/ DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor, or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Los Angeles County, California in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Sweepstakes.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(b) Severability; Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
(c) Winner: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address listed on the Cover Sheet under Winners List. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.
(d) Rule Requests: To receive a copy of these complete rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address listed on the Cover Sheet under Rules Requests. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.